What is a doula?
A doula is a non-medical professional who provides emotional, physical, and educational support to assist in a safe and satisfying birthing experience. Wild Womb provides evidence-based information during the pre-natal period to help you make the best decisions for you and to feel prepared for the journey ahead. I work for you. I am there for you.
My services are individualized, but I always provide prenatal, labor and postpartum support in whichever combination feels best. Ideally, we meet at least once prenatally for 2-3 hours to talk through a birth plan. We’ll go through everything that could happen so that you feel prepared and understanding of the process. I can provide you with resources and referrals for anything you may need in this time. I go on call for you at 37 weeks and if you happen to go into labor beforehand, I will do everything in my power to be there. Once you’re in labor and ready for a hand, I am there. I stay with you through labor and birth and help you in establishing the first breastfeeding and self-nourishment. Afterwards, I honor your bonding time and am available 24/7 by phone if you need anything. Within the first week after your birth we usually have a postpartum meeting. This is a sacred time to process everything that happened in your birth as well as help you in any way I can.
The Birth Doula Package
The birth doula package includes:
- 3 total meetings. It’s up to you how you’d like to use them.
- Continuous labor support, such as breath work, physical support, creative movement, emotional support, partner education and support, nutrition, a calm and gentle presence.
- Unlimited phone and email support throughout pregnancy.
- Educational materials and resources.
- Labor and birth photography (optional).
- Back-up doula support in case of rare emergency
I hope for doula services to be accessible to everyone. I work on a sliding scale $900-1500